Terms and conditions for Swindon Connect Open Security Summit prize draw
1. This prize draw is organised by Swindon Connect Community Interest Company (known simply as 'Swindon Connect') of 56 Haydon Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN1 1DT, registered with Companies House for England and Wales under number 12337574.
How to enter
2. Entries must be tweeted to @opensecsummit by 17 February 2019. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
3. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary
4. Swindon Connect will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
6. Swindon Connect reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of Swindon Connect, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw.
8. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
9. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Swindon Connect may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
10. Swindon Connect reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
11. A winner will be chosen by a draw performed by the Open Security Summit within one month of the prize draw or competition ending.
12. The winner will receive details of the prize and will redeem their prize through a unique claim link directly with the Open Security Summit.
13. The winner will be notified by Twitter, to the account used to enter the draw within 7 days of being chosen and must provide an email address to the Open Security Summit to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Open Security Summit within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Open Security Summit will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to the Open Security Summit.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Swindon Connect reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Swindon Connect's control makes it necessary to do so.
16. The decision of Swindon Connect regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
17. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Swindon Connect, 56 Haydon Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN1 1DT, or an email to within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
18. Swindon Connect reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, Swindon Connect, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Swindon Connect, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
22. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Swindon Connect or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
23. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. Swindon Connect reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.